There are different job options that hotels offer; some of these jobs do not require a four-year degree. This article will explore the 10 Hotel jobs in Italy for English speakers hiring in 2023 if you are fluent in English, enjoy meeting interesting people, and plan to move to Italy. This post is for you.
- 10 Hotel Jobs In Australia With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
- 10 English-Speaking Nurse Jobs In The Netherlands
- 10 Banking Jobs In Charlotte, NC Hiring Now
Hotel Job Description
Hotel jobs are ideal for individuals who enjoy working with people. Hotel staff members work as a team to create comfortable spaces for guests to rest and enjoy themselves. They perform various tasks, including maintaining the building, taking reservations, cleaning guest rooms, and planning parties.
Employee benefits hotel jobs in Italy
Some of the benefits are;
- Scheduling flexibility
- Greater job security
- Reduced room rates
- Incentives programs
- Tips and bonuses
- Greater networking opportunities
- Access to luxury experiences
- Discounted or free meals
- More customer interactions
Many hotels offer additional benefits and bonuses to their employees. These additional benefits include the following:
- Prescription and pharmacy benefits
- Mental health coverage
- Retirement planning
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance policies
- Short- and long-term disability
- Extended leave or family leave programs
- Continuing education
- Investment opportunities
- Worker compensation
- Specialist services
- Student loan repayment programs, college grants, and scholarships
- Travel and spending expenses
- Living stipends
- Paid training and development opportunities
- Company equipment and transportation
Skills needed for hotel jobs in Italy
Some of the skills a hotel staff member must possess include the following;
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
10 Hotel jobs in Italy for English speakers Hiring in 2023
- Hotel management assistant: This role is for individuals fluent in English, Have marketing and social media experience, and can distinguish presence as they will deal with high net-worth clients.
- Financial controller: The financial controller is responsible for overseeing the financial management and the monthly and annual reporting of the business, in charge of monitoring, controlling and recording all purchases, sales, salaries, and expenses of the business, and assists in implementing controls, solutions, and action plan to bring actual performance closer to budget.
- Pool manager: The pool manager coordinates all the pool-related operations and activities. The candidate for this role should be passionate about hospitality and comfortable with challenges, have exemplary customer service skills, manage and support the pool operations and activities, respond to customer needs and questions
- Executive housekeeper: The Executive Housekeeper oversees all housekeeping/Laundry operations to deliver a good Guest and Member experience. The Executive Housekeeper/Housekeeping Manager will also be required to examine guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives.
- Restaurant supervisor: The ideal candidate should be able to identify ways to decrease the restaurant’s operational costs, oversee the activities of restaurant staff, expedite customers’ orders as needed, and maintain an excellent working relationship with suppliers.
- Assistant storekeeper: The assistant storekeeper inspects the physical condition of all the items and supplies in the store, counts/measures the weight and quantity of the supplies at the time of arrival before placing them in the storage or dispatching them to the hotel
- Assistant housekeeper: Direct the work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory staff in a well-organized manner to make sure that guests and other departments receive prompt and courteous service;
- Customer support – English- speaking: Communicate with hoteliers through phone and email and be their problem solver, improve commercial relationships with them, and follow up on registrations and customer complaints.
- Utility porter: Cleans and polishes all areas and surfaces as allocated, including front and back of house areas, stairwells, outside and shoreline of property; carry out the physical set-up for all meetings, concerts, and shows; cleans, mops, buffs, dust, and maintains carpets and hard surface floors.
The hospitality industry has its perks. Getting a job in the hospitality industry is self-fulfilling for people who love working to make others comfortable. Consider applying for any of the positions above that best suit you.