Social workers are in high demand due to the services they render to people. They help people prevent and cope with problems in their everyday lives. If you are a social worker searching for opportunities in the USA, this post is right for you. Here, we have 10 Social work jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship in 2023, how to get a visa sponsorship to work in the USA, and the basic requirements and qualifications for a social work job. Before we go further, let’s see what social work is all about and how to become a social worker.
What is social work?
Social work is a profession and academic discipline concerned with promoting social change, cohesion, development, and empowering individuals and communities.
- 10 Social Work Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
- 10 Social Work Jobs In The UK With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
- 10 Banking Jobs In Australia With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
- 10 Customer Service Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
How to Become a Social Worker
Becoming a social worker requires the following;
- Education (bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work).
- Transferable skills
Job description of a social worker
Social workers help people prevent, cope with, and resolve problems in their everyday lives. They can be employed in various areas, such as schools, hospitals, child welfare, and human services agencies.
10 Social work jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship in 2023
They include the following;
1. Clinical Social Worker – Pediatrics: Responsible for delivering direct social work services, including intervention, assessment, and recommendations to individual patients and their families.
2. Social Worker-Mental Health Therapist: Provide case management services to help patients access suitable social supports and community resources impacting patient health and functioning.
3. Residential support worker: Responsible for daily activities, including providing in-house programming, preparing meals, accompanying residents to appointments, and other community engagement.
4. Social worker lead: provides support, leadership, and direction to the Social work team. The role involves leading and supporting individuals, communities, families, and cultural connections for Indigenous children and youth.
5. Delegated social worker: Ensures the safety and well-being of children in care by supervising and developing a comprehensive care plan, monitoring the placement of children, informing caregivers of their responsibilities, and providing guidance regarding children’s behavior.
6. Registered social worker: Responsible for bio-psycho-social Assessments, counseling services, developing and implementing individualized treatment plans, extensive documentation and report writing, advocating on behalf of the clients, and making appropriate referrals.
7. Family service social worker: In charge of providing a wide range of services, including the provision of child protection services and family counseling, and where necessary, services to children in the Agency’s care
8. Emergency social worker: Provides comprehensive, trauma-informed, and culturally safe therapeutic intervention and care coordination that serves clients across the lifespan with importance stressed on First Nation children and youth presenting to the hospital’s emergency department.
9. Community support worker: Provides flexible and person-centered support to individuals in community programming, works directly with individuals with a physical disability, developmental disability, challenging behaviors, or a dual diagnosis in making healthy life choices and helping set goals.
10. School social worker: Work closely with the Student and Graduate Support Team, administration, GMS staff, parents/guardians, outside agencies, and the community to ensure students’ physical, proactive, social, and emotional development.
Essential requirement and Qualifications for a social work job
Requirements for a social worker include; a bachelor’s degree in social work, hands-on experience, which can be gained through internships or volunteer work, and necessary skills; having work experience and a degree in social work will make you qualified for many positions in the social work field.
How to get a visa sponsorship to work in the USA
Here, we have outlined the necessary steps to take when applying for an employment visa or seeking employment in the USA. They include the following;
1. Get an employment contract: The employee must acquire a full-time offer from a US business ready to offer sponsorship.
2. Submit a labor certificate: This Certification must be presented to the Department of Labor for a non-immigrant visa, saying that the company couldn’t find a qualified potential employee within the country.
3. Submit the documents to the USCIS: The supporting documentation and petition are filed to the USCIS.
4. Wait for your Visa Sponsorship Application to be processed: After the required documents are submitted, the USCIS processes the visa sponsorship application. This process takes time, so you have to be patient. You and your employer will be informed if the application is approved or denied.
The social work field gives room for different focus areas dedicated to helping others. Social workers can be found in corporations, hospitals, prisons, military barracks, mental health clinics, senior centers, public social agencies, etc. This list of social work jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship is an opportunity for a social worker to gain experience and make a difference in people’s lives.