Do you want a nurse career without limits? Taking up any E.R. travel nurse job in Canada can be an exciting career move for you. Travel nursing assignments allow you to explore countries and advance your career, meet new people and develop an understanding of healthcare in other communities.
- NICU Travel Nurse Jobs In Canada, With Good Salaries-Hiring Now
- Pediatric Travel Nurse Jobs In Canada, With Good Salaries-Apply Now
- How to Migrate to Australia As A Nurse In 2023
Registered Nurse – Emergency Department in ON, Canada.
Job title: Registered Nurse – Emergency Department – Regular Full-time
Job type: Full-time. Mid-senior level
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
The job of the R.N. in the Emergency Department includes
- working with the entire healthcare team, the patient, and the family.
- Reporting to the Patient Care Manager.
- Education, intervention, Assessment, and patient advocacy
- Responsible for primary care of Emergency/Trauma patients
- The R.N. works thoroughly with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting the Philosophy of Person-Focused Care concept and principles and the Values and Mission of Sunnybrook.
- Must have two (2) years of recent Emergency experience (required), a critical care certificate with critical care experience, or a combination of an Emergency Department certificate with practicum experience.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (preferred)
- Current B.C.L.S.
- Current A.C.L.S. Certification and Basic Arrhythmia Course
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- T.N.C.C. and E.N.P.C. preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a stressful and fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Person Centre Care principles and approach
- Exhibited commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years, with importance placed on conferences/courses related to Emergencies.
- Have the ability to function independently or as a part of the multidisciplinary team
About the company
Sunnybrook is a Health Sciences Centre dedicated to giving accessible employment practices per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.). They are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community. They welcome all applicants, including but not limited to:
- All religions and ethnicities.
- Visible minorities.
- L.G.B.T.Q. persons.
- Persons with disabilities.
- All others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
How to apply
To apply, please click “Apply for the Position.”
Registered nurse – Emergency Winnipeg
Job title: R.N – Emergency
Location: Grace Hospital Winnipeg
Company name: Shared Healthcare
Posting End Date: Open until filled
The R.N. is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with unpredictable and complex health needs, under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care. These services include administering prescribed medical treatments, independent nursing service, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating patient care and discharge coordination. The R.N. demonstrates a commitment to the values, visions, objectives, and goals of the facility/unit/region.
- The emergency Practice, Interventions, and Care (E.P.I.C.C.) A trauma course is an asset.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (T.N.C.C.) is an asset.
- Appropriate Canadian Nurses Association (C.N.A.) certification for the program area is an asset.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training is an asset.
- C.P.R. Training at the Healthcare Provider level is required.
- Active participation in professional associations is preferred, e.g., the A.R.N.M.
- Having Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training is an asset.
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (E.N.P.C.) is an asset.
- An Emergency Practice, Interventions, and Care (E.P.I.C.C.) The foundation’s course is an asset.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort is required.
Qualification and skill
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for R.N.s.
- Regional/Unit policies/ Facility, protocols, guidelines, and procedures.
- The Scope of practice is documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (R.H.P.A.).
- College of R.N.s of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Knowledge of Nursing care that corresponds to the clinical area.
Roles and responsibilities
- Have the capability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Priority will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language or those who know Indigenous traditions, customs, and values.
- Have the ability to function independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Must demonstrate practical written and oral communication skills.
- Have the capability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to prioritize care for a group of patients, or an individual patient
- Must demonstrate critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Have the ability to perform in a demanding and stressful environment.
How to apply
Shared Health welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are provided upon request during the assessment and selection process. Apply now