Travel nurse jobs allow nurses to enjoy all the beauty and culture of a different location without missing a paycheck. Start your adventure with any of these ICU travel nurse jobs in Canada.
- Travel nursing Jobs in Maine With Good Salaries Apply Now
- Minnesota Travel Nurse Jobs Hiring Now
- Labor And Delivery Travel Nurse Jobs In Toronto, Canada
1. Registered Nurse (RN) – Critical Care – ICU
Job title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Critical Care – ICU
Job type: Full-time. mid-senior level
Work Site: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Richmond Hospital – Richmond, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is seeking RNs to join their team in the intensive care Unit (ICU) at Richmond Hospital. The role of the RN is to:
- Improve the quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Give nursing care to high-risk, critically ill patients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment or patients in post-anesthetic recovery.
- Maintain and advance their clinical competence.
- Consult, collaborate and confer with other health caregivers.
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in nursing practice.
- Participating in designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Grow your career with leadership development opportunities and employer-paid training.
- You get a Complete health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and a municipal pension plan.
- Award-winning recognition programs to honor staff, medical staff, and volunteers
- Access to deals and exclusive discount offers for VCH staff
- Wellness supports, including critical incident and innovative wellness services counseling, are available to employees and their immediate families.
Education & Experience
- Completing a recognized critical care nursing program or two (2) years of recent, related critical care experience.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Must have Comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family-centered model of care.
- Have Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Have Detailed knowledge of the actions, reactions, indications, dosages, routes, and side effects of anesthetics and other drugs used in critical care environments.
- Must have Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Must have In-depth knowledge of nursing problems usually encountered in a critical care environment.
- Have demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Have thorough knowledge of the behavioral and physiological aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Have Proven ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately and immediately to sudden emergencies.
About the company
VCH is a world-class innovator in research and, teaching, medical care, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. VCH embraces taking intelligent risks, thinking boldly, and “going first” when they believe it will lead to the best result for patients and their families. They invite travel nurses to join them in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showing their passion for care, connection to the communities they serve, and their culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
How to apply
Follow the link for more details on the position and to apply.
2. Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU in Ontario
Job type: Temporary
Job title: Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU
Location: Markham, Ontario
Oak Valley Health is looking for a registered nurse to become an integral member of the inter-professional team in charge of the comprehensive care of ICU/CCU patients. Working in their Critical Care Unit is exciting, as they newly launched the CCRT (Critical Care Response Team). As a successful candidate, you will practice in an environment where the importance is on customer satisfaction and professional practice. Using your clinical expertise, you will work with the inter-professional team and be responsible for developing, evaluating, and implementing a comprehensive care plan for each patient to deliver individualized patient/family-centered care.
Qualification and skills
- Recent ICU/CCU nursing experience
- RNAO membership (preferred)
- Current BCLS and ACLS certifications
- Completion of the Critical Care Certificate program is required
- Advanced physical assessment skills
- Well-developed communication, organization, interpersonal, and teaching skills
- proven ability to work independently or effectively within an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family-centered care environment
- Recent Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
Oak Valley Health is one of the leading community healthcare organizations in Ontario. Across their two sites (Uxbridge and Markham) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), They give high-quality, patient-centered care to more than 435,000 patients yearly. They deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, diagnostic and emergency services, mental health and addictions, and childbirth and children’s services. Oak Valley Health is proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).