There is a need for a nurse practitioner at The Hospital for Sick Children. Ottawa, ON When you decide to work with The Hospital for Sick Children, you are making a career decision where you can positively influence the lives of children, youth, and families. The employees are their greatest asset, and SickKids works hard to provide a positive workplace where Nurse Practitioners may perform at the highest level. At SickKids, nurse practitioners have the chance to contribute their knowledge in the following fields while collaborating with the multidisciplinary healthcare team. Clinical Practice Leadership, Organizational & Systems Management, Education, Mentorship, Research, and Knowledge Translation.
- Hospice Travel Nurse Jobs in Toronto Hiring Now
- Minnesota Travel Nurse Jobs Hiring Now
- Dental Assistant Jobs in Las Vegas [Apply Now]
- Government RPN job in Toronto – Apply Now
About the Hospital for Sick Children
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is among the top pediatric medical facilities in the world and Canada’s premier facility for improving children’s health through the combination of patient care, research, and teaching.
Benefits of Nurse Practitioners in Toronto
- Having flexible working hours: The rotational schedules of a nurse practitioner may not be advantageous to some persons but may be advantageous to others. Working 12-hour days with alternating shifts occasionally may result in additional time off.
- Pursuing a demanding career: You’ll discover that working as a nurse practitioner means that every day will be unique. You will always be learning and using what you have learned in the conditions you are facing daily. You will learn essential lessons from these interactions that you can use in other situations. Said, you won’t ever get bored.
- A promising job market: Being a nurse practitioner has many benefits, including job security. The fact that there is a physician shortage, people are living longer, and NPs can deliver high-quality care impacts your job security. In essence, this indicates that you will be in high demand. The employment outlook for nurse practitioners is expected to increase by 28% by 2028.
- Fair compensation: Another advantage of being an NP is the competitive pay scale.You can earn a good income as a nurse practitioner and enjoy many of the amenities you’ve wanted. Your pay will change based on the environment you work in.
- Possibility of specialization: You have the option to focus on a field that you are enthusiastic about as a nurse practitioner. As a result, not only will you become an expert in your profession, but you can also get the chance to participate in research and other initiatives on a topic that you are passionate about.
- Development of Telehealth: With this worldwide pandemic, telehealth has advanced to the forefront of medicine. You can be asked to perform telehealth sessions with patients as a nurse practitioner. If you are limited in your ability to work outside the home due to factors like small children or the care of a family member, this may be intriguing to you.
- The chance to travel: You can use your education and experience anyplace. You could work as a travel nurse practitioner if you are an NP. Eventually, by accepting this kind of contract employment, you’ll be able to explore the entire country and earn a lot of money.
Requirement of the Nurse Practitioner Jobs in Toronto With Good Salaries
- Nursing master’s degree or its equivalent with a clinical focus
- finishing a program to become a nurse practitioner (within MN or post-master certificate)
- enrollment as an RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario (Extended Class)
- clinical nursing experience for 3 to 5 years
- The use of an NP, experience in pediatric acute care or surgical patient care
- demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to promote teamwork and consensus-building while acting as a change agent
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- understanding of theoretical and conceptual frameworks and how to use them practically
How To Apply
As you cannot upload more than one document as part of your application, combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document that is 20 pages or fewer.
Click here to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3438472484/?alternateChannel=search&refId=%2FJKiy29nkCn4azuiNAiOnw%3D%3D&trackingId=82RPZhjR2h4hmUD6EmmDyQ%3D%3D.
As you can see, there are a variety of nurse practitioner careers in Toronto that you should consider when deciding if this is the right path for you. You might think that some of the nurse practitioner positions in Toronto are attractive, and you’ll go for it, or you might think that the disadvantages are too significant to justify becoming an NP.